- Memorandum of Understanding between School of Social Sciences, Sikkim University and Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation, Hiroshima University, Japan
An MOU was signed between Sikkim University and Hiroshima University on 14thJuly 2010 regarding implementation of “International Environmental Leader Short Term Training Programme for Sustainable Asia supported by 2010/2011 Invitation Project implemented by JASSO supporting the Exchange of Undergraduate and Postgraduate students from ASEAN member nations under the Japan East Asia Network of Exchange for Students and Youths (JENESYS) Programme. Under this agreement, two students from Sikkim University were sent to IDEC, Hiroshima University as Special Auditing Students for a period of six months from 1 st October 2010 to 31 st March 2011. The students were supported with education research grants for foreign students and they have undertaken 10 credits course from Hiroshima University. The provisions of the MOU give scope for wider academic cooperation between the parties.
- MoU with V.V. Giri National Labour Institute, Noida
Sikkim University entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with V.V. Giri National Labour Institute, Noida on 16 July 2011 for collaboration in various activities such as collaborative research projects, seminars and workshops, co-supervisor for research scholars, internship for students, exchange of faculty, and collaborative educational programmes.
- MoU with INFLIBNET Centre, Ahmedabad for Shodhganga
Sikkim University entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with INFLIBNET Centre, Ahmedabad on 1 st March 2012 to take part in the process of digitization of old theses and dissertations and building-up of digital repository and to promote, share and host its ETD in “Shodhganga: A reservoir of Indian theses submitted to the Universities in India” and other Universities in open access.
- Memorandum of Cooperation with the National Archives of India, New Delhi
Sikkim University entered into a Memorandum of Cooperation with the National Archives of India, New Delhi on 7 th April 2012 in pursuit of developing knowledge on the history and culture of Sikkim, Darjeeling and the surrounding areas and the immediate neighbouring countries and preserving the cultural heritage of the region. Both the organizations have agreed to work together on the following set of objectives:
- To develop possible professional, technical and technological cooperation for building a University Museum and Archives at Sikkim University. The Museum programme is also supported by the National Museum of India, New Delhi.
To explore possible academic collaborations on research projects and exchanges of information on research and educational programmes.
To promote institutional exchanges by inviting professionals, faculty and staff of the parties to participate in a variety of training, teaching and/ or research activities and professional/skill development programmes, and .
- To establish mutually beneficial academic, professional and technical collaborations benefiting their institutions.
- Memorandum of Cooperation on Inter-University Consortium on Cryosphere & Climate Change
Sikkim University entered into a Memorandum of Cooperation with the Jawaharlal Nehru University, University of Jammu and University of Kashmir called the “Inter – University Consortium on Cryosphere & Climate Change”. The MOC was signed by the four Vice Chancellors of Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi; Jammu University, Jammu and Kashmir, Kashmir university, Jammu and Kashmir and Sikkim University. The Inter-University Consortium formed has agreed to work together with the following aim, mandate and objectives:
- Enhance the access of its academic faculty and technical personnel to strengthen research and training on Cryosphere and Climate Change designated areas at the level of Excellence, covering the Indian Himalayas and Karakoram;
- Jointly develop research proposal at national and international levels, strengthen facilities (laboratories, field research and other infrastructure); and the quality and range of research including outreach programmes for faculty, technical personnel as well as research scholars ;
- Pursue and foster joint interdisciplinary research programs in the applied environmental sciences having human ramification with focus on societal needs covered by the network of field installations available to the Consortium;
- Further the integration of the Himalayan Cryosphere Research Area by creating a network for exchanges in research and higher education and the sharing of academic resources, with a view to optimize their joint capacity to conduct field work and research output.
- Make efforts for acquiring necessary financial resources for this consortium, in addition to the available resources and infrastructure of the partner institutions, from national and international funding agencies such as Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, and other relevant donor agencies and foundation.
- MOU with Indus Publishing Company
The MOU was signed on 14 th day of May, 2012 between the Indus Publishing Company and Sikkim University.
Sikkim University and the Publisher agreed to collaborate in the publishing of the work in book form and all subsequent revisions as hereinafter provided on the following terms. It is understood that the Sikkim University has obtained the necessary rights for the publication of this book by Sikkim University, and that Sikkim University undertakes that it has the full authority to enter into an Agreement with the Publisher for the publication of this book. Sikkim University shall prepare and supply the work of publication to the Publisher, and hereby grants to the Publisher the full and exclusive rights on the terms specified in this Agreement, to print, publish and sell the work and all subsequent revisions and adaptations thereof through the world in all languages, in hard or soft cover and in text, trade, reprint and other editions and to sub-license all subsidiary rights thereto in all languages. The copyright of the work shall vest in Sikkim University. The name of Sikkim University will appear along with the Publisher’s name on the title page of the book.
- Memorandum of Agreement with Fourteenth Finance Commission, New Delhi
The XIV Finance Commission, Govt. of India sponsored a study on the finance of Sikkim with a budget of 2.5 lakhs to Sikkim University. In order to commission this study, Sikkim University entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with XIV Finance Commission on 21 st May 2013.
- MoU with Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Institute of Asian Studies (MAKAIAS), Kolkata
Sikkim University entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with Maulana Azad Institute of Asian Studies (MAKAIAS), Kolkata on 17th December 2013 with common goals related to research activities in the area of social science research and seek to develop collaborations and exchange between themselves in the areas of shared research interest and expertise. Both the organizations have agreed to work together on the following set of objectives.
- This Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) serves as a written understanding of mutually agreed principles, between the MAKAIAS and the SU to guide the academic and research activities between two institutions.
- The general purpose of this collaboration is to stimulate and provide research opportunity to the post-graduate, MPhil, and PhD students, and also other senior researchers, in increasing the effectiveness in social science research in North-east India and its neighbourhoods, jointly organize seminars, conferences, and academic workshops on topics of mutual interests, publish books, monographs, seminar and workshop volumes, etc., and disseminate knowledge.
- The specific purpose of this collaboration is to set up aMaulanaAzad Centre for Research on Northeast India at SU, which will function as a nodal centre for coordinating the research activities in Sikkim state on North-east India & its neighbourhoods funded by the MAKAIAS and maintain a close collaborative relation with the MAKAIAS, Kolkata, West Bengal.
- MoU with IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature), New Delhi
Sikkim University entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature), New Delhi on 7 th July 2013to provide funding to Sikkim Universityfor carrying out the study on “Valuation of Ecosystem Services ofTista River System in Upper and Lower Riparian Regions of India and Bangladesh”.
- Memorandum of Understanding, Cooperation and Agreement between the Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate, and Sikkim University
Memorandum of Understanding, Cooperation and Agreement between the Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate, and Sikkim University Sikkim University has signed an MOU with the Regents of the University of Colorado on behalf of the University of Colorado at Boulder on 30 th December 2010. The MOU is signed to facilitate exchange activities between the parties. As per the MOU, the major goals of the collaboration on academic activities are to improve international understanding, to increase international contacts, to increase educational opportunities, to enrich the educational opportunities of both universities and to provide both societies with more and better information about each other. The MOU is valid for five years with effect from the date of signing.
- Memorandum of Understanding, Cooperation and Agreement between the University of Helsinki (UoH), Finland and Sikkim University
An MOU was signed between University of Helsinki, Finland and Sikkim University on 10 th March 2011 to facilitate the exchange of a PhD student of General Linguistics at UoH, Mr. JuhaYliniemi to carry out his research on the Denjongke language of Sikkim under the auspices of Sikkim University. The term of the MOU is for five years with effect from the date of commencement. The MOU has provisions to extend this cooperation to other areas by mutual agreement.
- Memorandum of Understanding between Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA), New Delhi and Sikkim University
Sikkim University signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) New Delhi on 22 nd April, 2012. The MOU explores possibilities between the parties on possible collaborations on various research projects, joint organization of seminars and conferences, exchange of faculties and students and other professional, technical and academic collaboration benefitting both the institutions. The Memorandum also seeks joint publications by researchers/faculty members of the institutions. The MOU gives vast opportunities for Sikkim University to work with one of the most prominent research institutions in the country.
- Memorandum of Agreement with Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (Sir MVIT), Bangalore
Sikkim University signed a Memorandum of Agreement with Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (Sir MVIT), Bangalore on 24 th December 2013 for facilitating collaborative research, training and HR development. The main features of the agreement are-
- Sir MVIT and Sikkim University would make available the existing facilities like library, laboratory, workshop, green house, experimental field, germplasm garden, etc., free of cost to the staff and doctoral students of each other’s organization;
- Sikkim University and Sir MVIT may nominate members of their respective staff to work out practical details of cooperation between the two organizations and in general and to ensure proper and effective implementation of this MoA;
- Result from collaborative research may be used by either or both the parties with due recognition of each party’s contribution;
- Collaborative Agreement with CABI Europe – UK
Sikkim University entered into a Collaborative Agreement with CABI Europe-UK on 1 st July 2013 whereby CABI engaged Sikkim University as collaborator to provide the services and the collaborator (Sikkim University) agreed to provide the services at fee of £3,000 (₹ 2,67,000/-) for the period of agreement which continued upto 31.12.2014.
- MoU with Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), New Delhi
Sikkim University entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), New Delhi on 24 th September 2014 for creation of an Endowment Fund with a corpus of ₹1,25,000/- and to institute a gold plated medal to be awarded to the topper of B.Com (Honours) at every Convocation of the University.
- Institutional Contract with International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD), Nepal
Sikkim University signed an International Contract with International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD), Nepal on 1 st August 2015 for the purpose of providing partial or full MPhil. scholarships to Sikkim University with which to support research on climate change adaption in the three HI-AWARE Study Areas defined in the TEESTA Basin. The contract shall remain valid till 30 th April 2018.
- Academic Collaboration with National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Japan
Sikkim University entered into academic collaboration on 26 th November 2015 with National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Japan through its Biomedical Research Institute, Japan on the following areas of cooperative academic engagement:
- Exchange information on research and education programmes, teaching and learning material etc;
- Jointly organize short-term continuing education programmes, seminar, conferences and workshops on topics of mutual interest and invite each other’s researches to participate;
- Jointly propose and engage in research or training programmes sponsored by funding agencies and to exchange on a reciprocal basis researchers and students for limited period
- Memorandum of Understanding with Zydus Healthcare Ltd., Sikkim.
Sikkim University (SU) entered into anMoU with Zydus Healthcare Ltd., Sikkim (ZHL) on 29 th February 2016 with the following set of objectives as agreed upon:
- ZHL shall develop course curriculum to meet industry expectation and SU shall impart education to their students based on the curriculum so developed and duly approved by its Authorities.
- ZHL shall extend need-based support by sparing their senior officers for taking class of certain groups of students of Sikkim University.
- ZHL shall provide structured interaction with SU to prepare the students for industry.
- ZHL shall also develop evaluation plan to screen students at regular intervals for possible employment.
- Memorandum of Understanding with The Hakubi Center for Advanced Research, Kyoto University, Japan
Sikkim University entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with the HakubiCenter for Advanced Research, Kyoto University, Japan on 22 nd March 2016 andboth the organizations agreed to work together on the following set of objectives:
- Academic and Research collaboration in the areas of mutual interest.
- Exchange of academic information, scholarly information, materials and publications.
- Joint sponsorship of cooperative seminars, workshops and other academic meetings.