Our UniversitySikkim University presently located at Gangtok, the capital town of Sikkim operates from several hired buildings located along NH-10. The main administrative office of the University is located at Samdur, 6th Mile, Tadong. The permanent campus of the University is coming up at Yangang in South Sikkim. The nearest airport and railway station are Bagdogra and New Jalpaiguri respectively.
Vision -"To achieve intellectual, academic and cultural development of the people of Eastern Himalayas".
Mission - "To provide quality higher education".
Motto - "Quest Knowledge Wisdom"
Objectives of Sikkim University
- To disseminate and advance knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in such branches of learning as it may deem fit.
- To make provisions for integrated courses in humanities, natural and physical sciences, social sciences, forestry and other allied disciplines in the educational programmes of the University.
- To take appropriate measures for promoting innovations in teaching-learning process, inter-disciplinary studies and research.
- To educate and train manpower for the development of the State of Sikkim.
- To pay special attention to the improvement of the social and economic conditions and welfare of the people of that State, their intellectual, academic and cultural development.